- The Beginner Division is for first-time entrants with little or no sewing or acting experience.
- If you’ve only finished two or three costumes on your own, this may be the craftsmanship division for you.
- If you’ve won two or more awards in the Beginner Division, we recommend that you move up to Apprentice.
- If you have little to no acting experience, this may be the skit division for you.
- The Apprentice Division is intended for entrants with a moderate amount of sewing and acting experience and at least two Beginner Division awards.
- If you’ve won fewer than three awards for Skits or Craftsmanship in the Apprentice Division, you should continue to compete in this division.
- If you’ve finished four or five costumes on your own, this may be the craftsmanship division for you.
- If you have acting experience in local or high school theater, this may be the skit division for you.
- Anyone who isn’t required to advance to the the Wizards Division may compete in this division.
- If you want to compete at this level, you may do so.
- The Wizards Division is for entrants with multiple awards and many years of sewing or acting experience, or anyone who sews or acts professionally.
- If your main source of income is from sewing/prop-making on commission, or acting for film or stage, you must compete in this division.
- If you’ve won three or more skit or craftsmanship awards in the Apprentice Division, you must compete as a Wizard.
- If you have been placed in the Wizard Division at any other convention, you must compete in this division.
- If you want to compete in this division, you may do so.
- Your team will compete in the Skill Level based on the highest skill level held by any of the individual participants. Individuals participating as a team can also participate individually but must register separately.
- An individual who wins solo is eligible to win on a team as well.